St. Barnabas Pre-School Nursery was established in its current form in 1992 by Ann Clements (Pre-School Supervisor) for children in the Joydens Wood area, having originally opened as a playgroup in March 1980. Sharon Bransgrove is the Deputy Pre-School Supervisor and together they are joined by a team of seven Pre-School Assistants, one of whom is a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO). Many families choose our nursery for its community atmosphere and warm, nurturing staff. All staff are CRB-checked and have many years' experience. Most staff are qualified in Early Years Education to NVQ Level 3 or above.
- To provide high quality care and education for children from the age 2½ to statutory school age (approx. 4½)
- To work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop to their full potential
- To enhance the life and well-being of the local community
- To offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity
We are open during term-time Mon to Fri, 9:00 - 12:00 and, for children 3½ years+, Wed and Fri, 12:30 - 15:30
- Fees are £14 per session (as of September 2016)
- Fees are payable half-termly
- From the term after your child’s third birthday (that is the term starting in the September, January or April following their third birthday) their fees will be funded by the Government under their Free Early Education Scheme
- This Government funding will pay for up to 5 sessions (15 hours) per week for 38 weeks of the year
How we are managed
We are a registered charity and are, therefore, required to have a committee made up of parents of children who are at the Pre-School. We welcome new parents to join the committee and appreciate their involvement in the running of the Pre-School.